Thursday, March 04, 2010

new strategy...

 
Jon & I have been working hard to break Josh of his "repeat mode" where he'll say the same thing 100 times in a row. For instance when he wants me to get him his pacifier he'll say, "I want my bo bo, I want my bo bo, I want my bo bo....." until I'm ready to go coo coo!  Pretty typical for a 2 year old (at least that's what I tell myself).
Well it seems our efforts have paid off because recently rather than his typical begging, he's resorted to a new strategy.  Now he'll say "Mom, go get my bo bo. I trust you." or "Mom get me chicken nuggets, you're my best friend." I have to admit, it's hard to refuse such requests (even though in reality, he's just out smarted me to get what he wants ASAP)! 
He's only 2...should I be worried?

5 comments:

kirk and carrie said...

This doesn't come as that big of a surprise. I'm going to try this on Kirk tonight. I'll let you know if it still works when you're 25.

Unknown said...

hahaha!!! That made me laugh out loud:) I love Joshie!!

Hetrick family said...

:) I laughed out loud too!!! I really wish I could be around your little ones. He reminds me so much of Clint. Especially how in the last several months they totally pulled 180's on us and now play us like fiddles to get away with anything. "I trust you."--Oh my word, that would really get me. And they ARE only 2--oh dear Alli, what are we in for?!?!

cristy said...

haha! so funny! what a funny boy! is he into spiderman now? sure looks that way!

Hetrick family said...

p.s. Clint wants a spiderman party for "3". It's all he talks about.