Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas season

We had a wonderful Christmas season this year & I figured I'd share a bit of the fun! Santa came & brought light sabers galore. I feel like that's saying enough on the subject because everyone knows how much this boy loves Star Wars!  So we've seen a lot of this lately:


Christmas day was really special for us. Seeing as it fell on a Sunday we went to church Sunday morning. Joshua's older sister Callie sang a solo at church. It was a very touching moment for us and we were so proud of our little girl.  So many family members came to watch her. It was such a treat for her to stand and spot family members in the crowd who she didn't even know were coming.  We had known most people planned on coming, but figured they'd be tied up with their own Christmas morning traditions....however, everyone made it out! It made Christmas day even better than it already was!

Now back to our Joshie boy!! Jon took Joshua out for his first "hunt" last week, before Christmas.  He has always wanted to do this type of thing with Josh & the timing worked out perfectly for our hunters! I use the term 'hunt' loosely...more like hiking...but Josh got to fire that gun a time or two & it was an experience he'll never forget!
As for Joshua's heart, people ask me frequently how he's doing. He's doing okay. He's progressing slowly, but he is progressing. I guess that's all we can ask for at this point. I've realized lately that his mood is closely linked with his physical well being.  He was quite moody in the weeks that led up to his hospitalization & he's beginning to be much more like his old self again.  Now when I wonder how he's feeling I start by noting his temperament that day & its usually a good indicator of how he's doing on the inside. 
Do any of you heart moms notice the same?
Anyway, things aren't bad & we are excited to see what the new year has in store!

Happy New Year to you & your family!

(by the way, Joshua owns more than one shirt...he just prefers to only wear one of the shirts he owns!)

3 comments:

kirk and carrie said...

As always, I love the pictures. The magic of the light saber has yet to make it to my house. I imagine those things are a lot of fun!

The highlight of our season was Callie's performance. We have been talking about it everyday since! I cannot get over how brave that little girl is singing up there (perfectly, I might add) in front of hundreds of people. Abby was the perfect big sister, too. I am so glad we made it. I loved it.

I'm glad you all had a great Christmas!!!

Hetrick family said...

Wow, I wish I could have seen Callie. I am sure there wasn't a dry eye in the Beatty clan. So glad Joshie is bouncing back and had a great holiday. That smile in the first picture says it all :)

The Smith's said...

I have often noticed that Luke's behavior/attitude is closely linked to how he's feeling overall!